I was writing a quick list off of the top of my head. Of course that is not complete. Everything has been correctly localised. I was trying not to repeat the previous conversation on this from the thread from last year.
When I first approached this translation I downloaded the whole English (US) file as text and pulled it to my PC. And the “translated” versions for (GB\Aus\Can). This allowed me to start combing through it for differences in language. Slapping it in to a spell checker to also flag up words I may have missed. As well as doing a lot of other research online for dictionaries showing the Canadian and Australian differences to my native UK English.
There is a thread or two about this as the work was happening last year.
And I can assure you that my OCD kicked in and I didn’t miss phrases.
When EVERYTHING was just sitting there in a “100% complete” format on the server it was full of errors. Many of the key words were not actually translated. A previous editor had just done a large copy and paste of all phrases on the “translated” side. It was clear that there were many errors. It was very inconsistent.
This is why I went the minimal route and stripped out those phrases that did not need translation.
That old saying “couldn’t see the wood for the trees” was relevant here.
Edited to add: I’ve now tagged the original English to English thread better so i don’t have to repeat that conversation again. Translations to English variants
Sorry if I often come across as annoying on here, but I have run development projects in the past. Used to write network code for many of the big printer manufacturers. This included translations of the GUI into multiple languages. European, Japanese, English(GB\US\Aus\Can). In those cases we also went with the minimal differences in the English resources files as this also saved on the memory requirements.
This has genuinely been thought through. I’m not just an annoying noob