User scripts on mobile

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f05078d58c0> #<Tag:0x00007f05078d5780> #<Tag:0x00007f05078d5640> #<Tag:0x00007f05078d5500>

Confirmed working solutions

• none yet

Windows Mobile

• none yet

End of the wiki part, please do not edit my original post below. :wink:

Please post here if you know ways to use user scripts on mobile smart phones.
I am new to this kind of phones, I have always been using a simple but effective 40€ folding phone but now here I am in this smart phone new world (FWIW I have an orange :tangerine: coloured 100€ Microsoft RM-1075 Lumia 640 LTE Dual SIM X TURBO DASH).

I was first disappointed :disappointed: using a web browser without user scripts but then I read this news about upcoming OS version - via - that would allow Tampermonkey on Windows 10 Mobile!
But still not sure if I understood well.

List of native ListenBrainz API apps and in development apps

I got a smart phone recently too (not a TURBO DASH model though :sob:) !
Any tips in general on editing with a smart phone would be really great actually, I was on holiday and gave up after doing a couple of albums, and waited until I got home. I was also missing scripts but mainly a keyboard and quick copy and pasting - maybe there’s a good way though. Does anyone edit in a big way while mobile?

I’d hate to do any serious work on a smartphone. Writing emails or text messages is as far as I go, apart from that it’s strictly a consumption device (oh, and I sometimes even call people with it).

So no, I don’t see why you’d want to punish yourself editing MusicBrainz on a smartphone or even a tablet. Holiday is a great excuse to kick the habit for a while anyway. :wink:

It seems that I misread the news about Tampermonkey. The author says no versions exist for Windows Mobile (it was earlier, but still).

I have found a Tampermonkey for Android.
I borrowed an Android phone and installed it as well as two of my scripts (ALL LINKS and COLLECTION HIGHLIGHTER).
But, well, it runs in a very minimalist browser, I don’t even know how to go back and all those simple things.
I could not manage to make my scripts run yet, either. Next time I get that phone, I will try again.

On Android, mobile Firefox may also be an option.

Things like seem dead, though.

I have found that Adguard thing, which supposedly has userscripts support, but not sure if userscripts support is part of its mobile versions or not:

Do you think that any of Android and/or iOS version(s) support(s) user scripts?

I also came across a browser named Dolphin and the Tampermonkey (again?) add‐on for it.

As it’s again something for Android, I cannot test right now.

Wow I’m impressed! :pushpin: PINNED SOLUTION!

I could test this with an Android device (model Samsung something) and wow.
Tampermonkey alone at first did not work for mb. COLLECTION HIGHLIGHTER so I thought it was helpless, until I tried mb. FUNKEY ILLUSTRATED RECORDS and wow those thmbnails all showed up before my eyes, I could not believe it!

So, as Tampermonkey’s browser is minimalist crap, I decided to test Dolphin+Tampermonkey as Dolphin looked like a full featured browser.

So I went on and installed mb. ALL LINKS, mb. COLLECTION HIGHLIGHTER and mb. FUNKEY ILLUSTRATED RECORDS, all that.

ALL LINKS worked out pretty well, as you can see, only Wikidata‐to‐Wikipedia doesn’t work (perhaps because of some cross‐domain restrictions that could be lifted up, but no time for further research), I don’t know why:

Know that the background tab is actually loading the collection (41%) in the background, the COLLECTION HIGHLIGHTER script is — like in Opera 12 — not paused when in background! :thumbsup:

Now here is the COLLECTION HIGHLIGHTER loading in foreground:

Here is FUNKEY CAA working on my collection first page:

And here are both FUNKEY CAA and COLLECTION HIGHLIGHTER (once loaded) working at the same time as ALL LINKS (but off screen):

I report this case as a working solution in my first post, which I have turned into a wiki if you want to reference other working solutions yourself, in the future.

Display cover arts in MusicBrainz pages: “mb. FUNKEY ILLUSTRATED RECORDS”
Your favourite User Scripts for MusicBrainz?! (so that they can be used while redesigning!)

[quote=“mfmeulenbelt, post:3, topic:134406”]
I’d hate to do any serious work on a smartphone. [/quote]

someone is wrong on the internet

Sometimes in holidays I do indeed need to edit when I receive some MB e-mails but my urgent need is to be able to browse artistes and release groups with COLLECTION HIGHLIGHTER on when I am in the record stores (new and used).