Uploading last.fm data does not work

I have been trying to upload my last.fm track data with your tool (the page scraper) but it hangs after about 300 pages. I have more than 3000 pages (on last.fm since 2006).

Now I managed to download my full track data in json format, but can’t find a way to upload to musicbrainz

Anyone knows howto do that

1 Like

Mines been randomly hanging for a week or so. I cleared my listening history on Listenbrainz but it was doing that before as well.
It’s always some random number it stops on:
“Sending page 72 of 4711 to ListenBrainz”
It did add some of the listens, last one was 8 years ago.

I also posted this in another thread but the description in here seems closer to what I’m experiencing.

I’m not sure if I’m having the same issue as above but I can’t get the Last.fm importer to go beyond page 49 of the import. It seems to be functioning fine and fast up until then, but then it freezes when it gets to page 49 like this: Screenshot by Lightshot

Then I always get this error: Screenshot by Lightshot

Did you guys get it resolved?

Hi! Can you share your LB and Last.FM username so that I can take a look?

1 Like

Hey lucifer. My Last.fm username is HDS7. My ListenBrainz username is HDS (the same as on here; they’re linked).
As a side note, further research has led me to an open ticket that shows no resolution for my problem, as experienced by another user last year:

1 Like

Any update on this one?

Hi! Sorry for the delay. This had slipped off my radar yesterday but I took a look today.

It appears that few particular pages around 17238 (the one in your second screenshot) consistently error out on the LFM side. I ran an import on a test user and imported from your account, it ran till ~17000 pages and then errored out. I also tested loading the pages numbered around the error manually, a few consistently error out but the later pages load fine.

So I think there’s a few improvements we can do here on the LB side to handle these errors better. We can also try to not start from scratch every time around. As for those erroring pages, we’ll need to leave them out then.

2 Likes