Unsaved Changes Message when Quitting

I selected all my files and hit ctrl-s to save. It takes a while to save. Then I want to close MusicBrainz, but I get the following Unsaved Changes warning message that I have hundreds of unsaved files and will lose them all if I quit. I keep saving and this message keeps coming up. What am I doing wrong?
picard

Might be a bug. After you have saved, do all files show a green check mark or not? If not, does Picard show any differences when you select such a file?

What file format(s) are you saving? Which exact version of Picard is it?

2 Likes

It is possible that there have been some errors in saving a few of the files. If you set the error logging level to “error”, and then save the files do you see anything get added to the debug log?

2 Likes

Thanks, yes seems to be an error accessing some of the tracks and saving as well. It did save 59 GB in my directory. I’m using a high speed u3 flash drive for saving, since my HDD is low on room. For example:

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “util\thread.py”, line 60, in run
File “file.py”, line 329, in _save_and_rename
File “formats\id3.py”, line 541, in _save
File “formats\id3.py”, line 648, in _save_tags
File “mutagen_util.py”, line 185, in wrapper
File “mutagen_util.py”, line 155, in wrapper
File “contextlib.py”, line 112, in enter
File “mutagen_util.py”, line 272, in _openfile
mutagen.MutagenError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘D:\Documents\My Music\RZ CD\Brasil\Paparico.MP3’

Check that the affected files or the folders they are in do not have the read-only flag set, this is the most common cause for write permission errors. If the read-only flag is not set, check for actual write permission.

1 Like

New user. Similar experience.

Stopped close and did again in a few seconds. The number was lower. Kept doing that and watched the number get smaller each time.

I think what we see is an uncompleted process with a poor message.

Solution proposed - add a bar or swirling marker showing progress. No more closing early.

2 Likes

Sorry, forgot to answer your questions.

There are many with red dots. When I select it shows no differences.
Version 2.6.2, MP3, WMA, M4A, FLAC. Mostly MP3.