Trying to wrap my Brain around file renaming

So, I’m new to using MusicBrainz Picard, and I’m slowly customizing it for my preferences, but I can’t seem to get the right scripting for the file renaming. This is the structure I’d like:

Album Artists / Album Year - Album Title [File Format] / Track Number - Track Artist - Track Title
ex.
Led Zeppelin / 1973 - House of the Holy [MP3 320] / 01 - Led Zeppelin - The Song Remains The Same.mp3
or
Various Artists / 1977 - Saturday Night Fever Soundtrack [Apple Lossless] / 01 - Bee Gees - Stayin’ Alive.m4a

Not sure if file format is possible with the script, so I don’t mind if that cannot be auto detected and added. I can do that manually afterwards since it’s only change just one folder name.

I also noticed in the help section of the website there was a way to add a Disc folders if there was multiple. That would be cool, to add the Disc as a sub folder within the Album folder, but not necessary…

Anyways, if anyone could help me.

I’d be happy to help. Can you please post a copy of the script that you have now, and we can then provide some suggestions for modification? Thanks.

1 Like

Hi This interests me too, any chance @deejay_1up or @rdswift could post the solution -or thread? Thanks.