Trying to understand the data structure : Example 'Gurrelieder'

Hello all,
I try to tag my classical collection which consists of physical cds and youtube downlöoads.
Ono of the latter is the ‘Gurrelieder’ by Arnold Schoenberg, conducted by Ozawa. Picard identified the tracks correctly as belonging to this Gurrelieder Releasegroup with Boston Symphony Orchestra and Seiji Ozawa.

The both CDs have in their detail Pages a ‘part of’ Relationship for each track to the Work ‘Gurrelieder’ which seems perfectly correct to me.

But looking at the page of the Work I see no relation the above mentioned Releasegroup. There exists a list of recordings which contains two other Recordings with Ozawa and the Orchestre national de france. These recordings seem not to belong to any release group . (But should, I think ?)

Ist this an error in the data or a program bug or don’t I understand the working of the system ?

Thanks for any hints !

Norbert

1 Like

Hi!

The works (for each movement / section of the larger Gurrelieder work) will be connected to specific recordings. Those will be connected to tracks on the releases where they were released. Those releases will be in a release group :slight_smile: So:

The Gurre-Lieder work
has a part
Gurre-Lieder: Part I: Waldemar: "Nun dämpft die Dämmrung jeden Ton
which has a recording
Gurrelieder: Part I. “Nun dämpft die Dämm’rung”
which is track 2 on release
Gurrelieder
which is in release group
Gurrelieder

3 Likes

Thanks for the fast reply! That is indeed the part I understand.

I was a little surprised that the Gurrelieder Work page in itself shows just the 2 recordings Part I with the Orchestre national de France and Part II of this recording . On further analysis this seems to be a bootleg without tracks but with a direct relation to the work. Makes sense.

I wish the page would show all different releases (or release groups ?) containing any recording of any of its parts. That would be very useful and quite feasable in SQL .

Does that sound like a reasonable idea ? If yes , how could it be made happen ?