$title(),$upper(),$lower() only work with preceeding character inside of parentheses ( [%releasetype%])

These two lines show functioning in the Example script in, yet second one does not work in the actual renamed file output.

$if($eq(%_showReleaseStatus%,1),$title( [%releasestatus%]))
$if($eq(%_showReleaseStatus%,1),$title([%releasestatus%]))

You can see the script lines in the editor, the sample below the editor window and the actual file saved on the disk at the bottom of the background window. Both occurrences of %releasetype% should be capitalized. Only the one with the leading character(s) ahead of the bracket.

It can be any leading characters. In this case, the working one has the space inside the parentheses and the none working one has it outside. Regardless of the example output showing …[Official] [Official]… the file on disk is … [Official] [official] …

Is it me, or is it Memorex?

It behaves the same in the preview and the final file naming, take a closer look at your screenshot.

I am currently not sure if this is intentional behavior, but the easy workaround is to use:

[$title(%releasestatus%)]
1 Like

But it doesn’t. In the preview naming I see one thing, on disk I see another.

08%20PM

[Official][Offcial] vs [Official][offcial]

I originally didn’t want spaces between the bracketed items and that’s how I found this. though I’ve kind of grown to accepting them. :wink:

Though if I want no spaces, it’s not possible to do in this form.

Your script contains spaces in both cases for the $title. I’m pretty sure if you save with this the filename will follow the shown examples. The script gets executed exactly the same.

But seriously, just use $title on the actual part you want to have with title case and leave spaces and brackets outside:

[$title(%releasestatus%)]
1 Like

The core of what I’m getting at here, though… is it shows properly on the example, as per the script.

But it fails on the actual output unless there’s a leading space inside the parenthesis. Blame my OCD for focusing on that. I’m a pain in the butt on beta tests sometimes. :wink:

Otherwise, having to use the spaces, I’ve come to accept them. It looks better since the character part of the filename ended with a space before the [bracketed] stuff… But I did spend a little bit of time trying to figure why I wasn’t getting that capitalization when I was other times. Turned out that the majority of the files I was testing with had it capitalized already. It was the other way around during later testing. I only stumbled on the leading space thing later.

So, for whatever reason, the parser that’s doing the example output works as scripted, but the actual output does not.

As for the brackets outside of the statement, if I had that printing on a conditional, I’d still have empty brackets then, no? Like next to where it says CAT#.

I suppose that part would be suppressible with an additional $if wrapped around the whole thing. As I’m wanting to not have the brackets show up if there’s no data there in my final piece.

All of that said, though, this scripting is bloody amazingly flexible. Great job to those who worked it up. :slight_smile: I’d love see if this whole thing can be adopted for other things, such as archiving disk images. (of which, the format supports tags) … so :slight_smile:

Now if I can figure out some ‘good’ stuff to actually do with the tagger scripts, and the Cover Art. :wink: That’s a different thread …

I can’t reproduce this, and I seriously doubt there is a difference. The example behaves exactly the same for me. But your screenshot only shows the example with leading space inside the $title in both cases, so it has both cases with same casing.

It makes no difference for the $if statement if the brackets are inside or outside the $title.

$if($eq(%_showReleaseStatus%,1),$title([%releasestatus%]))

becomes

$if($eq(%_showReleaseStatus%,1),[$title(%releasestatus%)])
1 Like