I was looking at the style page about titles and extra information in them (https://web.archive.org/web/20160609042135/https://beta.musicbrainz.org/doc/Style/Titles#Extra_title_information, from the Wayback Machine as the wiki is not accessible at the moment) and I couldn’t figure out what I should do with stuff like “Pt. II” in a recording title.
The specific release I am thinking of is this one: https://musicbrainz.org/release/597a7621-ea6b-4322-b348-77163170a8c3
Specifically, I would like to know:
- Should I move a “Pt. II” into parentheses?
- Should I lowercase it, given that it is extra info? Does it depended if it is between parentheses?
- Should it be “Pt” or “Part” or “P.”… Is there an abbreviation that the community agreed on, or should we respect what was used on the actual release?
- Should the Roman numerals be changed into Hindu-Arabic numerals? E.g. II -> 2
- Finally, can we agree on a short explanation and a few existing examples to add a new section about that in the wiki?
I hope I haven’t missed an explanation somewhere… And I bet it has been discussed a million times in the old forums… Cheers.