TIDAL Store closes

All links to store.tidal.com need to be ended as of 10/20/2022.

4 Likes

Are the links to end? Is this the “end of tidal” or are they changing to “streaming only”? Just blocking the download options?

They just became streaming only. The “tidal.com” & “listen.tidal.com” links are still good.

1 Like

Thanks for sharing that, and what a bummer. Tidal’s store was a mess (tons of duplicate seemingly-identical albums, sometimes with different prices, and the download process often gave me trouble), but it was nice to have another non-Amazon/Apple option for major-label releases. Per Comparison of digital music stores - Wikipedia, 7digital and Qobuz are the only remaining survivors, right?

2 Likes

The iTunes store still exists but you can only purchase 256kbps, not hi-res, only streaming for hi-res. 7digital still exist, but almost all major label releases are gone after this past July for some unknown reason I can find. HDTracks, Qobuz, and Mora (Japan only) & e-onkyo (Japan only) are the main purchase sites now for hi-res. There are some others where you can still purchase hi-res but those are the only major ones I can think of right now.

2 Likes
3 Likes