The Places list

I am pleasantly surprised by some of the Australian towns and cities that are included in the Places list. Frankly, I was shocked when I found Blayney, NSW on the list. It has a population of just 3,300.

However, I was dismayed to find Geraldton, WA (population 37,648) and Toowoomba, Qld (population 169,010) aren’t included. They are both considered major cities by Australian standards.

I don’t how that list is compiled but it would be good to make worthy additions.

1 Like

That’s easy, just go to the ticket page and search for “Areq” = area request —>

Then ask for the missing area, but I think you can’t just wish for a city you like to add. You usually add “This is requested for” + artist

2 Likes

Thanks for that and I thought you were writing some rude comment about Australia.

2 Likes

How did you know?
My first try included some nice reasons and comparisons, but the sentence turned out to be too complicated for my knowledge of your language. So I had to shorten it.

2 Likes

The good news is your instructions worked, I just created my first Area Request :+1:

3 Likes

Some of us have long memories :elephant:

2 Likes

I received a message several days ago telling me that my two requests for Places had been completed. I have tried several times since then to add the cities to the relevant author pages, however they are still not showing in the Place list.

Is there a delay between the addition of new places and there availability on BB?

The two places were Geraldton, Western Australia and Toowoomba, Queensland.

[AREQ-2829] Add Geraldton, Western Australia, Australia - MetaBrainz JIRA and [AREQ-2828] Add Toowoomba, Queensland, Australia - MetaBrainz JIRA

Since at least one of the apprentices of the area request officer in chief has to verify the existence of the requested areas personally, it will take a while in your special case for sure.

I tried it a few times and there was no delay at all, I hope that helps :wink:

Do you mean you tried adding those places to an author page and they were available? I just tried and I still can’t get a match.

Sorry, not precise enough. I MADE some area requests myself and after getting the message there has been NO delay at all.

1 Like

Very much so. Currently I have to copy the areas from one database to the other, which is less than ideal.
I will put it on my list to refresh with the newest changes.

2 Likes

Thanks. I thought that might be the case. There is no hurry, I was simply unaware of how the system worked.

1 Like