The General Chatter/Off Topic Thread

I recognise that issue. Obviously my RealName™ is not Ivan. My own name is so common that I have to give my date of birth when I go to the dentist to avoid a clash. In my current home town there are many of us. We are legion. There are even famous people with my name.

We share that problem that getting a gmail account means we are dwilliams2764572846@gmail.com :rofl:

But there is a bonus. It gives us level of anonymity. No one is going to find us in a Google search. Facebook gets confused as to which one we are. Haha. Common names are cool. Just get yourself a nick name for your mates. We know you are uniquely you and it is all the other David Williams’ who are copying you.

Now I just got to practice saying Hhbsdnflhg. I assume that is Welsh with the lack of vowels.

10 Likes

49 reviews away from 10,000 reviews on CritiqueBrainz :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Mind. Blown. Your surname is Dobsky though right??

1 Like

I never done it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wy4Zqt5Mi-c

I doubt Monkey Dust made its way over to your side of the planet… you have missed out on some quality dark dark humour with an excellent sound track. Some of it is on YouTube. Only first series made it to DVD due to having too much music on it. This is why torrents were invented.

[warning - anyone easily offended don’t click on that link]

3 Likes

just wanted to share a fun recording I just added to the DB. I spent far too long finding all the individual musicians before finding they were all linked on the original poster’s TikTok post… :sweat_smile:

this also made me realize that we probably ought to better support TikTok URLs. would that be a “new feature” ticket? nevermind, there’s already a ticket for that.

edit: is this a basic wall of sound? :thinking: :wink:

5 Likes

30 posts were split to a new topic: Songs with Place Names in the Title (collection)

No apology needed, this thread is for anything at all, including ‘on-topic’ MB stuff, for as long as you want to talk about it.

If you or IvanDobksy want your posts moved out then you can ask an admin but you definitely don’t have to :+1:

It’s like IRC but easier to follow and catch up. :wink:

2 Likes

Funny you say that, because I made this thread after me and @IvanDobsky were talking about how everything’s on IRC :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I haven’t used IRC in probably close to a decade, and I can’t somehow work out how to get it working properly these days.

What client do you guys use?

I use the web client that’s linked in the MB Contact Us page. :grin:

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Jazmin Bean legal name edits

kinda on-topic, I guess, but I just added a my first broadcast release

it’s the first video aired on MTV, back in 1981. I kinda wonder if I did it right… :sweat_smile:

along those same lines, I found the first two hours of MTV on YouTube. haven’t watched it very far in (got to the first Who video so far), but it’s very interesting~

3 Likes

Moved here from How to link to two Discogs pages with annotations? - #5 by jesus2099

I have been reading quite some Discogs bashing recently*, but MusicBrainz, Wikipedia, etc. all websites are full of errors, it’s normal, by nature.

Discogs is really great website to find physical edition details.
Even as a convinced MusicBrainz user, I usually love Discogs and its content!

3 Likes

Don’t take my Discogs comments as bashing. I contribute to both sites. They just have very different policies. Both are full of great data and it is the mad chasing of strict guidelines that makes both sites great.

I could pick up on MB chasing of mad Grammar and Apostrophe’s if you need me to even things out a bit? :rofl:

2 Likes

I watched it a couple months ago.
I believe it is wrong, I wouldn’t use it as a source.

1 Like

apostrophe’s most users can’t even access

1 Like

the video description says they edited out a couple videos at the request of some of the owners.

still an interesting music time capsule tho~

1 Like

My tip is - copy it from the don’t on the page

2 Likes

I still think that the “guess case” button should be able to identify and fix this but heyho.

1 Like