🇺🇦 🕊️ Support the Ukrainian people on Bandcamp Friday

For over a week now the Ukrainian people suffer from a brutal war Russia is waging on their country.

And it’s Bandcamp Friday today (started at midnight Pacific time), the day on Bandcamp where they waive their revenue and the full amount goes to the artists.

So I thought this would be an opportunity to support the Ukrainian people via Bandcamp purchases.

Here are some specific albums / compilations that donate their earnings directly to humanitarian organizations supporting the people in Ukraine (please see the comments on the respective albums for details):

And some suggestions of great bands to support:

This is just a small list of bands I personally enjoy and appreciate, and whose members have spoken out in support of their country in these desperate times. But maybe you have some more suggestions to add? Please write below.

Of course you can also donate directly to organizations supporting the people in Ukraine or the ones fleeing from the war. Want to support Ukraine? Here’s a list of charities by subject

My thoughts are with the people in Ukraine, I hope they will get their freedom and peace soon.

21 Likes

Here’s another great Ukranian artist you can support:

and here are some labels that have stated they are donating 100% of proceeds to organisations supporting Ukraine:

I can only echo @outsidecontext’s sentiments.

10 Likes

Sorry to spoil the mood, but I should probably remind everyone that Bandcamp got bought out by Epic Games earlier this week. If this is a problem for anyone (I myself am extremely uneasy about it), it might be a better idea to donate directly to the charities mentioned in @outsidecontext’s link:

6 Likes

Thanks for pointing this out, I didn’t know about Bandcamp got bought. Not happy about the buyer being Epic Games :frowning: .

Also just in general for whoever wants to help: Have a look at the charities in your country, also. Many charities (especially in Europe of course) are organizing humanitarian help, both for the people inside Ukraine and for refugees. You might be able to help with money, or with directly donating goods.

4 Likes

Terrible news indeed :frowning_face:

3 Likes

This supports Ukrainian refugees in Poland :ukraine::poland:

4 Likes

fundraiser tag: Tag “ukraine fundraiser” - MusicBrainz

(probably best to use for albums/comps that specifically are made to fundraise for this cause, rather than artists donating proceeds for x amount of time)

3 Likes

Adding to the musical fund raising links. Leeds band called The Ukrainians are doing some benefit gigs. See their home page for details.

Also a fund raising link from them:

And in case anyone asks - of course my name is a joke and zero Russian connections. :ukraine:

4 Likes