Submit AcoustIDs Grayed out

Greetings. I’m an independent artist, my song has been released to all major music platform since June 18th 2021. When I scan I got the “no matching tracks for file” message, which I assumed means that I can submit an Id, however the Submit AcousticID’s still greyed out.

How can I submit my original composition for Acoustinc Fingerprinting using MusicBrainz Picard? Here you will find a [link](https:// li.sten.to/potewale) prooving that the track is currently active on the music platforms.

1 Like

This guide should help:
Submitting Acoustic Fingerprints — MusicBrainz Picard v2.6.3 documentation

4 Likes

It might not be apparent in the guide that you need to add your release to the MusicBrainz database first.

If you plug the album/single Spotify URL into the atisket importer it will speed things up (link).

If the artists don’t exist in the database you will be asked to add them as you add the release.

4 Likes

So if it’s greyed out that means it’s not already in the database? So why is it already in the database and not finding it when I right click, ‘look up’ within Picard from the MP3?

The release is here already - Release “Crystlize / Deep Space” by DJ Crystl - MusicBrainz

Submit AcoustID can only be available once files for which fingerprints have been calculated get matched to tracks in the right pane. In your case the files are still on the unmatched side. And Scan won’t find anything, as the recordings in this case don’t have fingerprints attached.

If you, after you have already run scan, load the release from the database and match your files then you will also be able to submit the fingerprints.

2 Likes