I’ve started entering all relationship data for some releases with cover art from my collection lately. I often have some issues where labels and distributors are named the same.
- Sometimes they are split up / separated and sometimes not (due to be separated at discogs too?).
- Some got merged in the past.
- There seems a lot of cleanup necessary for some labels/distributors.
At the moment it is difficult to find the right one for all these mixed labels / distributors (take a look at the “Relationships” tab).
- House of Kicks (discogs)
- Flying Records (discogs)
- PIAS (discogs) nice example
- Rock City (discogs)
- Roughtrade (discogs)
- Spinefarm (discogs)
- Voices of Wonder (discogs) nice example
- SPV (discogs) nice example
- St. Clair (discogs) nice example (merged and renamed in editing history)
Also I couldn’t find any documentation or style-guide how to create and handle those correctly.
So some howto / documentation / style guide discussions are welcome
Maybe it would be easier when the search dialog would be restricted to show only labels of type “Distributor”?
Or don’t separate them at all? As we easily could take a look on relationship tab for a label and see all kind of relationships associated (additional filtering would be nice; as for recordings available)?
Examples: Try to find the correct distributor only from label search (or better in the release relationship editor) for this cover art…
So did I:
Hope correct so far?