Sort Tracks only by Artist without Album

I d like to have the following structure

Radio
-A
—Artist eg Armstrong, Louis
------Songtitle - Artist
-B

I need help Pls. to get the correct code for this.
What I have is:

Renaming:

$if($eq(%musicbrainz_albumartistid%,89ad4ac3-39f7-470e-963a-56509c546377),
$left($if2(%albumartistsort%, %artistsort%),40)/
$if(%date%,$left(%date%,4)) - $left(%album%,65) /
%tracknumber% $left(%title%,40) - $left($if2(%artistsort%, %artist%),40)
$upper($firstalphachar($if2(%albumartistsort%, %artistsort%),#))
/$left($if2(%albumartistsort%, %artistsort%),65)/
$if(%date%,$left(%date%,4)) - $left(%album%,50) /
%tracknumber% $left(%title%,40) - $left($if2(%artistsort%, %artist%),40)
)

I dont know how to set the tag for album empty with a script?
Maybe there is something to change in scripting to Set Album Tag to “” for no album?
To do not to much changes in the renaiming code?

Hope for help
Witzker

Not really my area scripts. I also tend to keep albums together.

But I see what you are attempting. You just want a heap of music tracks to play like a Jukebox.

I think there is already a plugin to do what you are asking.

In Picard go into the OPTIONS and select PLUGINS.

Scroll… and find “Load as non-album track

Press INSTALL and then TICK the plugin to activate it.

Now try that. It says “Allows loading selected tracks as non-album tracks. Useful for tagging single tracks where you do not care about the album

Here are all the plugins. Notice is an odd webpage as there are TWO pages hidden in one. So make sure you click on the relevant tab if you are running v1.4.2 or the v2 Beta. (Not all plugins are working on v2 release yet)

I did as described

grafik

Tracks has still Album Information in the Tag

Whats wrong?

The Load as NAT plugins is not automatic, you have to select the loaded tracks in the right pane, right click and select Plugins… > Load as non-album track

1 Like

Sorry i do not find it
do you have a screenshot pls
I use german version

I got it now1

That ist terribly unconfortable
I have to open every album find the track rightklick the Plugin - load as …

and the result ist not what I want

I think there has to be used scripting
to unst album etc…
but I do not know the code!

Hope for help

Try the “No release” plugin then. This one provides some options where you can set it to remove release specific information automatically.

For the naming if files and folders you likely will need to adapt the naming script a bit. Most naming scripts around here assume some album as part of the folders or file names.

2 Likes

Ok not bad

Now I have:
asin,barcode,catalognumber,date,label,media,releasecountry,releasestatus,album,tracknumber

removed.
in Explorer Tracknumber is 00 and no more Album is shown

But in Mediaplayer still the Album exists!

What else has to be removed ?

Hope for further help

Can I make another simple suggestion?

Let Picard tag everything up for you. Including the album names. Picard works with the MB database really well and can get you accurate tagging.

Then swap to MP3TAG ( https://mp3tag.de ) and load ALL of the tracks up in one go. Select ALL tracks. Delete the album name. Save the change.

That becomes a very simple and quick solution. You could even put your own custom “Album name” in there.

This method also has the bonus that the MBID’s stay in the tagged files. So at a later time if you want the album names put back in, then just load all the files back into Picard and hit SAVE. Picard can use those MBIDs to find the full data again.

With a bit of time with MP3TAG it can be very powerful at manipulating large groups of tagged files. You can change which columns are displayed and\or change the default edit boxes on the left. I think it works as a good companion alongside Picard. ( And the instructions are in German… bonus :wink: )