Something wrong with AcoustID-Server again!

I think, the AcoustID Import-Worker has “paused” his work somehwere around 2024-03-14 02:40

My recently added submissions (fingerprints) are not yet visible on MB since then.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to submit an album for hours. I didn’t see anyone mentioning an issue with AcoustID on the forum, so I thought it was on my side.

Just to be sure:
You try to submit the fingerprints in MB Picard to AcoustID, right?

Yes, and Picard shows the submission as successful.

Picard submits your fingerprint successfully. You can see that in the picture with the green “added” line with a few peaks.
Since 02:40 all the submitted fingerprints are only queued by AcoustID but no more imported in the database (yellow “imported” line stops at this time).
AFAIK MusicBrainz can only query the available data from the AcoustID database, not the one still in the queue.

Your submissions are not lost. They only need time to get imported.
There is currently no need to resubmit them.

3 Likes

Since 24 hours no new submissions were imported:

@lukz Since 3 days there are no new imports. Could you please have a look at this import process?

1 Like

It seems to me that Acoustid / AcoustidFingerprint is not so importent for MusicBrainz :worried:

There was one submission with invalid data that blocked the entire process, I’ve fixed the issue and it’s working again. Thanks for the ping.

14 Likes

Thank you for the repair :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Since today (about 07:00) the process has imported all queued entries.
The yellow line is now a the same level as the green “added” level and imports the new added submissions “immedately”:

3 Likes

For what it’s worth, we don’t run AcoustID, @lukz does, so there’s generally nothing the MusicBrainz team can do with AcoustID problems, other than pinging him ourselves :slight_smile:

7 Likes

it looks to be broken again :frowning:

Why do you think so?

According to the statistics the import process (yellow) seems to work on a low level, because there are not too much new submissions (green) in the same time:

Details for the last hour: (07:20 to 08:15)
Every submission will be imported “immediately”

3 Likes

had a delay of about 30 minutes for a set of fingerprints to load up; but since then they’re appearing immediately again

A delay for newly submitted fingerprints, I assume?

As you can see in my first screenshot above:

If around 15K or nearly 20k new additions (green) are submitted in a short time, the import queue (yellow) needs some time to process all these new submissions.

2 Likes

Yes they were, I see that now :slight_smile: