I’ve recently developed the “Classical Extras” plugin, which has been an “interesting learning experience”. As a result I have a few questions for those with more experience.
- The API documentation is pretty sparse. Is there any plan to enhance this? I spent quite a bit of time scouring other plugins for clues.
- What has happened to the source code for Picard 1.4 - the GitHub now only seems to have 2.0? (There are 2 branches for plugins). This is important as some code has moved - it took me a while to realise that XmlNode was in webservice in 1.4 (is now in util.xml).
- What are the release plans for 2.0? And what does that mean for my (1.4-compatible) plugin?
- I would like to be able to access any existing file tags from my (track_metadata_processor) class - is there a way of doing this?
- How often does the “available plugins” page - https://picard.musicbrainz.org/plugins/ - get updated?
Any response on any list item gratefully received!