[Solved] Script to have the year added to album title located in the directory

I am confused about a script that I would like to have made.

I am trying to have the 4 digit year in brackets followed by the existing album title with Picard not changing that.

I found part of a script and I don’t what I need to put it together to work.

Here is what I have

[’ [‘$left(%YEAR%,4)’]'] %ALBUM%

What else do I need to add for it to work in the directory?

The photos attached has how I would like Picard to automatically add for me.

I hope this makes sense. I’m a newbie.

[NOTE: Updated 1st picture to filter information] 2021-10-13 21:13

Thanks
Example

After Example

What version of Picard are you using? I assume that you have the “Move files when saving” option enabled, and that you’re processing your files and saving them with Picard. If that’s the case, then you need to include the date portion in your file renaming script.

If I understand your request correctly, then I believe that the Writing a File Naming Script tutorial in the Picard User Guide generally covers what you’re trying to do.

If you need specific help, please post your current file naming script and we should be able to show you what changes need to be made.

2 Likes

Version 2.7.0b1

I borrowed the script and do not remember where It was located.

I understand very little about writing scripts that work.

I did make the script work on mp3tag and can’t get it to work on here.

This is what I made work on mp3tag Field = _DIRECTORY Format string = [’[’$left(%YEAR%,4)’]’] %ALBUM% and I placed it into Actions

I ended up playing around with the default script a bit because I loved the way it handled things but I too wanted the (YEAR) before albums. I have tested and used this one on my entire library without issue

$if2(%albumartist%,%artist%)/
\($if(%date%,$left(%date%,4),0000)\) %album%/,)
$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,9),$num(%discnumber%,2),%discnumber%)-,)$if($and(%albumartist%,%tracknumber%),$num(%tracknumber%,2) ,)$if(%_multiartist%,%artist% - ,)%title%

That allows me to get the following library organization

\Music
\ Artist
\ (year) Album Name
\ 01 Track Name.flac

2 Likes