Should I merge?

I have found this release and it has only has Wikipedia info and no track list

Then I found this release: Release “The World Today” by Troy Cassar-Daley - MusicBrainz

Should I merge?

2 Likes

Looks like you should :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you Ernstlx. I have tried to merge them but I think I 'm doing something wrong. So if any one else is willing to do it for me then thank you

1 Like

Your first link is to a release group, not a release. The correct thing to do is to merge the empty release group (Release group “The World Today” by Troy Cassar-Daley - MusicBrainz) into the non-empty one that contains the release (Release group “The World Today” by Troy Cassar-Daley - MusicBrainz).

I’ve created Edit #107133270 - MusicBrainz to do this.

1 Like

Did you try to merge the release into the release group? You should go the release group page (not the release page), click “Merge”, then go to the other release group and again click “Merge”. Then you should be able to merge them.

I̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶d̶o̶ ̶i̶t̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶r̶y̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶l̶f̶.̶ ← obsolete, already done :slight_smile:

Thank you both. Have a wonderful day :slight_smile:

You know you did create that duplicate release group and its release. You did not exactly find it. :wink:

Yes I found the one without the track list on MB and the one with the track list on Discogs. So I added the one with the track list. So I still found them.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

He he.
When adding a release, you can paste the URL of a release group, or use the name search, in the Release group field, even with a Discogs imported release.

I might be stupid or my english is not good enough, I dont understand what a release group is and when a release belongs to a release group

For example the Marvin Gaye album What’s Going On had many editions (per country, LP, cassette, CD, re-editions, anniversary editions, etc).
Editions are called Releases, here.
Same in Discogs.

All these editions should be kept together somewhere.
That’s the Release group: https://musicbrainz.org/release-group/c1fa4d2c-ec62-37d5-b01d-6df7f8fd2c90 where you can see all the Releases.
The equivalent of Discogs Master.

3 Likes

Oke now I get it, thank you for explaining.

1 Like