Several Track File Names & ID3 Names Not Witten - Can Someone Help Me?


I’m a casual user of MusicBrainz Picard. The other day I tried to use MusicBrainz to write ID3 tags to mp3 files ripped from the original CD.

This is the album:

For some reason Tracks 2, 6, 10, and 15 never get written to - there are no ID3 tags and the file names just say 02_Track_02.mp3, 06_Track_06.mp3, 10_Track_10.mp3, and 15_Track_15.mp3.

Referring to the link above - the barcode of the physical CD matches (as well as other markings). So, it seems I have the correct CD matched to the correct database information.

I’m using a MacBook (Mojave), and MusicBrainz Picard Version 2.5.5. I’ve viewed file names and ID3 tags using macOS’s Finder and also Tag Editor Version 1.0.10 (932).

I took a screen capture of MusicBrainz Picard showing the songs. Tracks 2, 6, 10, and 15 have a music symbol - the rest of the tracks have green checkmarks.

So, if anyone could suggest why three of the 24 tracks aren’t written to that might be helpful.

The musical note symbol indicates that there is no file matched to that track, or more than one file matched. I’m guessing that the files that aren’t matched are still showing up as unclustered in the clustering pane. What you will need to do is manually drag and drop them on the appropriate track, after which the musical note symbol should turn into a match quality indication. See the Track Icons section of the User Guide for more information.