Set default tags for all albums

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f4195760470>

Hello,

I want Picard to edit/save only the tags marked “yellow”.
All other tags should be deleted if they exist.

Doing this with “$delete()” is very tedious because each album has different tags.

Is there a way to achieve this ?

1 Like

Enable Option > Tags > “Clear existing tags” and set all your yellow tags in the “Preserve these tags” list on the same options page.

But please do yourself a favor and put the musicbrainz_recordingid and musicbrainz_albumid onto this list. If you ever want to update your tags with MusicBrainz metadata you don’t need to do the matching again.

2 Likes

I have already set this.

Nevertheless, all tags are saved.
As soon as I open the same album again with Picard, it looks like this:

I do not want to delete the tags manually for each album.
It should look like follow if i scan a new album. Only the mentioned tags should be modified / saved.

end-goal:

Oh yes, of course as long as the tags are still set they’ll get written. You’d need to do a $delete, or in case of clear existing tags enabled at least a $unset.

But have a look at the keep plugin. That provides you a $keep function with which you can specify all tags you want to keep, others will be removed.

It keeps the musicbrainz_* tags, so you’d need to do explicit $delete on those. I am repeating myself, but please keep the musicbrainz_recordingid and musicbrainz_albumid tags :slight_smile:

5 Likes

This is exactly what I was looking for.

Thank you!

1 Like