Series numbering: alternative punctuation mark

I have two edits, both received a no vote.

Edit #48384135
Old: Polyethylene (parts 1 & 2)
New: Polyethylene, Parts 1 & 2

Edit #48461657
Old: Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters, Part Two
New: Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters (Part Two)

Are we still standardizing part/volume numbering?

I’ve done a quick search for punctuation marks and pretty much all seem to include parentheses as one.

I had a similar discussion concerning subtitles (this was a over a year ago), and I was voted down. My stance was that subtitles were standardized (Title (The Remixes) should become Title: The Remixed) ). Part of my argument was how similar the rule is to Part/Volume guidelines.

By my interpretation of the current guidelines, I don’t consider “(” to be similar to a “?” or “!” ending the title, separating it from the part. The latter would remain with the addition of the “,” the former is replaced by the “,”.

I’m certainly open to the guideline being changed, much how we stopped expanding abbreviations for Pt, etc. but I think that the “,” standardization is the intent of the current guideline.

Attaching the current guideline for reference.
Your first edit is similar to the Shine On… example below.

Series numbering
When a release or track is part of a series, separate the volume or part name from the title with a comma. If the title already ends with an alternative punctuation mark, such as a question mark (?) or an exclamation point (!), use that mark instead of the comma.

Sonates, Vol. 3
The Best Smooth Jazz… Ever! Vol. 4 (separated by !)
Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Parts I–V
Authority? Pt. 2 (separated by ?)
The Piano Works 3 (no volume/part name, so no separator needed)