Series feature - suggestion

I think the Series feature is a great addition to BB. The only thing I would like to see is a connection between the Author and the Series.

The only way to list the series for an Author is to record the information in the Annotation section. The limitation that method has is that it doesn’t show what Series have actually been created on BB.

Some science fiction writers have written numerous series and it would be helpful to keep track of which of their series has/have been created on BB via the Author page, rather than manually search for the Series title.

6 Likes

There seems to be some love in the room for this idea, so I have created a ticket: BB-664 - Series and Author linkage

4 Likes

Another thing that would be handy is for the Series number to be shown on the Work in the same way it does on the Work editing page. This would assist when adding translations. Currently the submitter has to either view the Series page to obtain the numbering, or open the editor of the Work to see the number.

Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 1.37.33 pm

Screen Shot 2022-04-15 at 1.39.18 pm

3 Likes

I have created a ticket for this. Will work on this soon.

2 Likes

About the Author wrote Series relationship, I think it is going to be added pretty soon. There is a new proposed GSoC project which also deals with adding new relationships. Regardless of the project, this relationship-type will probably get added soon anyways(We already show this relationship in our help page Entities diagram).

3 Likes

Excellent work. Thank you very much.