Request Help with File Renaming

Hi all,

I’ve been looking through the forums and playing with the file naming script for days, but I can’t seem to find what I want to do. I’ll admit, I’m not very good at scripting.

What I’m trying to do, I think is pretty simple, but I just can’t wrap my head around it. I would like the following:

If the album is not a compilation, then:

Album Artist\Album\Album Artist - disk number-track number - Title
(for instance: The Who\Quadrophenia\The Who - 1-01 - I Am the Sea.mp3)

If the album is a compilation, then:

Album Artist\Album\Album - disk number-track number - Artist - Title

(for instance: Various Artists\Forrest Gump\Forrest Gump - 1-01 - Elvis Presley - Hound Dog.mp3)

If there is only one disk, then I would like the disk number left out, just like the default script.

If anyone could please help, I would really appreciate it.

Please and Thank You!!

Stay healthy and safe! :slight_smile:

Can you please help with setting up a tag. I am a newbie with this, and want to learn, but having some difficulties. I would like to sort my music in the following manner:
Artist/Album/Song Title. I do not want to have the music placed into an various artist folder, or sound track folder. Just would like to look through it in a alphabetical order by artist.

Very much appreciate any assistance.

You can have a look at my file naming script in my GitHub repository for an example of how you can automatically use different naming templates for different types of releases. I have broken it down into steps and have included comments to explain what is being done in each step. Perhaps you can get some ides from there. Once you’ve had a look at it, if you have any questions please ask.

Try something like:

%artist%/%album%/%title%

Also, please don’t hijack another thread with a new question. Best to start a new thread.

1 Like

Thanks @rdswift, I’ll take a look!

Thanks Rdswift.

My apology for the highjacking. I didn’t mean to cause an issue.

I will try the script. Thanks again.