Renaming releases with artist_last_name_album_name

Hi there: Picard has suddenly started renaming some releases with “artist_name_album_name” and has been renaming the folders as well. See screenshot. Note that this example shows the problem in the original value field; i have changed to how I would like it to look. but ideally I’d like for this problem to not occur.

Screen Shot 2022-06-21 at 10.19.13 AM

My current renaming script is here, but it’s just the default. Is there an explanation for this?

$if2(%albumartist%,%artist%)/

$if(%albumartist%,%album%/,)

$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),%discnumber%-,)$if($and(%albumartist%,%tracknumber%),$num(%tracknumber%,2) ,)$if(%_multiartist%,%artist% - ,)%title%

that’s strange, as the release isn’t listed in the DB that way:

do you have any plugins or scripts currently?

My guess is that @sjkiss isn’t matching their files to a release from the database but just saving directly from the clustering pane. That could explain why they aren’t seeing the proper metadata for the file naming.

I have the Classical Extras, last.fm and View Script Variables installed.

It appears that you are not matching your files to a release from the database, in which case Picard is doing the file naming based on the metadata currently existing in your files. I suggest that you have a look at the Work Flow Recommendations section of the documentation. It sounds like the When files are grouped by album work flow might most closely match your situation. By matching your files to a release on MusicBrainz, you will have a better chance of getting the desired results with a minimum of extra effort.

2 Likes