Releasecountry, releasestatus, and releasetype tagged differently on mp3 files only?

I’ve noticed that when tagging mp3 files the releasecountry, releasestatus and releasetype fields are actually renamed to MUSICBRAINZ ALBUM RELEASE COUNTRY, MUSICBRAINZ ALBUM STATUS, and MUSICBRAINZ ALBUM TYPE respectively. What is this behavior and how can I change it? I was looking at the $set() scripting options but the above fields don’t show up as suggestions, there are spaces in the names. Thanks

Sounds like you’re looking for Taggerscript: Compatible MP3 tags

1 Like

It works! I just had to add an entry for RELEASESTATUS.

Wow, why does Picard do that? My collection is mostly FLAC, but I just realized I tagged a lot of mp3 albums that way, and there was no indication whatsoever from Picard I was doing so…

Having compatibility between differing tagging formats is non-trivial, however I hope that @zas & @outsidecontext will take note of the Taggerscript link above and try to do what they can to improve compatibility.

Is there something like this for AAC m4a files? It seems I’ve run into the same problem again

You don’t want to use Picard for m4a files if you use foobar2000. This is not fixable with a tagger script.