Plugin ''BPM Analyzer'' error

I tried installing the BPM Analyzer plugin but it gives me this error message :

An error occurred while loading the plugin ‘bpm’:

Plugin ‘bpm’

Anyone knows how to fix this? Thanks!

What operating system are you using? The BPM plugin requires a Python module called aubio to work. If you are on Linux you can install this. If you are using the official builds of Picard for Windows or macOS you currently cannot use this plugin as the required dependencies are not included with Picard.

2 Likes

I had a look into this and the plugin uses aubio. Only thing is where does the folder get saved in order for the plugin to pick up the files it uses.

As I wrote above if you are using Linux (or similar) the aubio plugin easily can be installed system wide.

If you are using the official Picard packages for Picard you cannot easily add additional plugins. Maybe you can somehow get it into the package. E g. there is a zip file in the install directory on Windows which contains all the Python modules (I don’t know the name of the file from the top of my head). Theoretically it could be possible to somehow manually add the aubio package there. But the aubio module is also not the easiest, needing separate DLLs etc.

If you really want to use the aubio stuff on Windows or macOS the easiest way probably would be to run Picard from source instead of using the premade package. That requires you to install Python 3 and all dependencies needed py Picard, then downloading the Picard source code and run Picard from there. There are some basic instructions on picard/INSTALL.md at master · metabrainz/picard · GitHub

1 Like