Playlist by MusicBrainz

I am using Picard MusicBrainz and i renamed and organized my albums with the tool. I notice that there are no m3u files in the albums. Is there a way to create playlist files like m3u or m3u8 with MusicBrainz?

There is a plugin ā€œGenerate M3U Playlistā€ that you can download from the Options/Options/Plugins page.

I havenā€™t used this so I cannot help you to use it or comment on how well it works etc.

1 Like

I use it but it is not easy. You have to create a cue file for every album. Iā€™m looking for something where you can just point to your music library and it creates all the playlists for you.

Iā€™m afraid this isnā€™t built-in or currently extensible functionality (to my knowledge) within Picard. It might be helpful to view Picard more as a fine tool intended for small batches of corrections at the album level, and not as a large hammer that performs overall library management.

However, depending on your OS and level of comfort with scripting, you theoretically could do this on Linux with the ā€˜findā€™ command. Thereā€™s an example of this over on Stack Exchange: command line - How to automatically create `.m3u` (or other playlist file) for multiple directories supporting multiple file formats? - Ask Ubuntu

Thanks for your help

I think i tried that Linux command. It is useful for one album. I havenā€™t figured out to do it for all albums at once.

Someone advise me to use MediaMonkey. Itā€™s not a free tool. I have to buy it.

MP3tag is free and useful for bulk tasks on folders of tagged music.

From their forum: Create m3u files from multiple folders - General Discussion - Mp3tag Community

Test on a small batch first before hitting all the filesā€¦

1 Like