Picard won't open anymore on my Mac

I’ve used Picard multiple times in the past, however, recently the app won’t open. It will begin then stop. I’ve tried different versions, clearing out all attached on the computer and nothing.
I have a MacBook Pro, OS Catalina 10.15.5 if it helps. Would really appreciate any help, thank you!

Can you try running Picard from a Terminal? The exact command to do so varies depending on where you have placed the Picard app. If you have put it into the default Applications folder then open a terminal and run:

"/Applications/MusicBrainz Picard.app/Contents/MacOS/picard-run" --debug

This should start Picard in debug mode and might give us some clue why it crashes. Please post the output of the above command here.

The crash might also be related to your configuration or installed plugins. In this case you can move the configuration file from $HOME/.config/MusicBrainz/Picard.ini somewhere else and try to start Picard again. Plugins you can just remove the plugin files, but I don’t know out of my head right now where those are located on macOS. I think it is somewhere below $HOME/Library/.

4 Likes