Thanks to all of you for your input. It may be a combination of all the above. To start with, after the EAC change to flac it goes to C:\Users\NewOwner\Desktop\EACEdit\EACED˜1
I put the files into my edit folder to review before I run them through Picard. After they are processed, they stay in this folder for reinspecting prior to going into my Windows music library. For whatever reason, I am unable to just add “c” to Fla. Maybe due to the length of the file name (Still working on that).
@Mineo’s, @dashv, and @Billy_Yanks posts did cause me to take a deeper look into my process [thanks, I needed that]. So square 1, after ripping in EAC I normally pull the files or folder directly into Picard. This time I checked each file BEFORE processing. I found track 11 was titled a little bit differently than the rest of the tracks. Highlighting #11 and clicking properties-then type of file it shows (FLA). all the rest of the files show flac… If I now try to play track 11, windows says it doesn’t have a program to open that file (FLA) and to tell it what I would like it to use or search the web. So now I will investigate if it is EAC or Windows that is causing the problem. It is probably not Picard.
I am going through 2 computers. One is Windows 10 v1508 and the other is W7 with all the latest updates. Both have the latest EAC and Picard versions. One “funny” thing is sometimes the medleys #3,11, 15 all fail to process correctly on W7, yet only #11 fails on W10. I have 4 other cd’s each with one long track name that have given me grief in the past. I will now spend some time seeing if the problem is EAC or windows and post my findings.
Many, many thanks to you all for making me rethink this!