I’m interested in having a music collection manager which would do the following:
- Be a crossplatform GUI app (EDIT: or a SELF-HOSTED webapp)
- Let me add albums/tracks to my collection from the MusicBrainz DB even if the release is not on the computer. The idea is, it’s not just what I have, but also a repository of my reviews about music releases. I might get the album later, or simply give write a low rating to music I don’t want to keep on my computer.
- Let me easily assign custom rating categories to a track or album. For example, a track could have Rating_Beat=10, Rating_Lyrics=4.
- Be able to query by a given rating. For example, “show all tracks sorted by Rating_Lyrics score descending”.
- Let me assign multiple custom genres to a track. For example, DarkCinematic+Atmospheric. Let me search “show me all tracks that are Atmospheric, sorted by Rating_Beat first”.
- Provide a way to find all tracks for which I added custom metadata. This is just so I don’t lose track of custom data. I’m happy with naming every single tag MYNAME_tag, and search for anything that begins with MYNAME.
- Save all this metadata to a local DB, not on the Internet
Having spent an hour trying Picard just now, I know I’m going beyond what Picard is meant for here, but I’m wondering:
- Is there a tool like this already out there?
- If not, can Picard become this if I learn Python to write my own plugin?