Picard ignores "album" tag


#1

I have bunch of files with correct tags (including album tag) and I want them to autosave in path “Artist/albumyearAlbum/songnumber songname”.

With bunch of files it just skipps creating the album folder and shovels all the files from different albums into just one folder with the name of the artist, no matter what I do with the script. Even the default script does this.


#2

ihatefuckingmakinganotheraccount

I’m sorry you feel that way, but you should still consider choosing a less offensive account name. There are people who may ignore you for that reason, and that’s not what you want when you are looking for help.


#3

You should explain a bit more what’s happening. What is your script? What release do you save? Have you actually matched the files against a proper MB release or are you just using your local tags? How are the files saved, what did you expect?


#4

So I have some 15k file music library, mostly mp3, some flacs, and I wanted to repair/unify/update tags in that. After trying few programes, Iv instaled picard v1.3.2. and unleashed it on my library. It identified and tagged about 90% of my stuff (with few mistakes) and succesfully move/renamed the files.

Then Iv turned my attention to the rest 10% (about 180 albums). Those files were somewhat tagged (not fully, dates were often missing for example) and I was not sure enough about the corectness of those tags to try to send it to metabrainz nor was I willing to manualy check for them. But they seemed good enough for me.

So I tried to use save function of picard to move/rename them, and to get rid of extra files in those folders (playlists, standalone cover pics, etc.)

About half of them worked well, But with another half picard didnt create folders for each album. It just created Artist folder and shoved all the music files directly in it. Using the same script the whole time (I added date in the album folder name to sort the albums chronologically).

I tried to go back to default script:

“$if2(%albumartist%,%artist%)/$if($ne(%albumartist%,),%album%/)$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),%discnumber%-,)$if($ne(%albumartist%,),$num(%tracknumber%,2) ,)$if(%_multiartist%,%artist% - ,)%title%”

…but to no avail, picard still refused to create album subfolders for those last files. Even tho the tags included album names and even tho picard succesfully clustered the albums before.

At the end of the day I installed foobar2000 and used his move/rename tool to do the job. Went just fine.