Picard doesn't import featured artists from MusicBrainz (with screenshots)

Hey
I’m new here and I hope that this is the right place to post this.

So, I recently downloaded Picard and already love it but I can’t get it to import featured artists from MusicBrainz:

As you can see Twistex doesn’t appear anywhere in case of the 19 track: Pirate Bay despite MB having the info. And it’s not only with this track, there are more tracks with featured artists in this album.
Is this how it supposed to work? If so, can I make to work what I want?
I’m not using any plugin. I only changed how it names files. Can you please help me? Thanks.

EDIT: I’m not using standardized artist names.

1 Like

Picard uses the tracklist credits, not the recording credits. As you can see on the release, all the tracks are credited only to the main artist. I don’t know if there’s an option or plugin to make Picard use the recording credits, it’s not something I’ve ever looked into.

3 Likes

Thank you! I should have tested other albums as well.

For classical music lovers, the next version of my Classical Extras plugin is intended to capture all artist credits (and aliases too), wherever they are (there are at least half a dozen places where they can exist). It’s possible to run the plugin without the full Classical functionality and I will look at how well this copes with more generic needs. However, I would say that the next beta version is at least a week away.

1 Like

I will check it out. It is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks.

The current version does not have this functionality, so follow the Classical Extras thread for notification.

1 Like

New release is now available and can be used without the “classical works” part. Recording artists can be used to replace or supplement track artists. See Classical Extras plugin

1 Like