Picard 2.4 Beta 2

Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fa5cbe0d580> #<Tag:0x00007fa5cbe0d1e8>

We have released Picard 2.4 beta 2 to address a few issues being reported for the recently released beta 1. Thanks a lot to you all for testing the last beta and reporting issues. See the blog post for details:


I am really enjoying the performance improvements when loading/clustering - thanks!

I am having troubles loading local cover art - not sure what is happening. I created a Jira issue for it: https://tickets.metabrainz.org/browse/PICARD-1872


The font used for the strings documentation on Windows is really ugly (especially in italics, see attachment). Would it be possible to have a different font (I’m not sure if fixed-with is even necessary here).

@mfmeulenbelt can you please create a ticket? I think that’s related to https://tickets.metabrainz.org/browse/PICARD-1753 we’ll have a look before final release.

While on the subject of fonts; I noticed that by default the script panel now uses a larger font than before?
If that’s intentional it’s o.k. of course, but I must say I personally liked the previous smaller font better.

What is a bit weird though; sometimes after doing some scripting it will revert to using the familiar smaller font again.

(I’m not sure how to trigger this, it might have to do with copy/pasting)


never mind about the new larger font, I now see it was discussed and decided on.

One reason it looks ‘ugly’ could be that the Windows setting for ‘cleartype’ doesn’t seem to be respected.

And @outsidecontext @Zas , allow me a more general suggestion as a font to use for scripting pages of Picard:
Could you give Consolas a try?

It’s a very nice console font in my opinion, and it’s included in Windows since Vista.

1 Like

F.w.i.w.; I have been a running a lot of classical releases through beta 2 using the Classical Extras plugin, and all is working beautifully.


If the script docs window uses a fixed width font this is most likely the same font issue we also had with the script editor and log view, which suffered from a similar bad display of the font.

Yep, good suggestion. I think we’ll update this.

1 Like

I have tried several times to install the beta 1 and 2. It removes the old version and then installs, but when you try to run it, I get

Failed to execute script tagger

and it does not start. Any ideas?

Please provide more infos about your environment, you can also enable debug log, see https://picard.musicbrainz.org/docs/troubleshooting/