Picard 2.4.4 not saving files

I have a bunch to save, and if I tell MB to save it acts like it is, but no files get moved into the output directory.

If the directory does not exist, MB does not create the dir either. I thought that was supposed to happen.

Created a new output dir, went to options, rename, and browsed to that dir, save still does nothing other than look like it’s working.

Do you have “Move files” enabled? Can you share your settings (e.g. take a screenshot) of Options > File Naming?

After saving, do you get any error messages in Help > Show Error/Debug log?

1 Like

1 Like

This looks good, it should definitely save your files to D:!MB\ with a filename and folder structure similar to what you see in the preview when saving. Unless there is some error.

What happens when you save a file? Does it get the green check mark icon?

Can you please enable debug mode in Help > View Error/Debug Log, then save a file and post the output in the log here?

1 Like

No green checkmarks.

I tried just saving one file:

E: 08:51:56,681 util.thread.run:64: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “site-packages\mutagen_util.py”, line 251, in _openfile
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘C:\Users\Dave\Downloads\Billie Myers - Power Of Love The Ultimate Collection\2019 - BOX SET ALBUMS - Various Artists - In The Summertime Ultimate Summer Anthems [5CD]\CD4\11 Candi Staton - Young Hearts Run Free.mp3’

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “picard\util\thread.py”, line 60, in run
File “picard\file.py”, line 315, in _save_and_rename
File “picard\formats\id3.py”, line 536, in _save
File “picard\formats\id3.py”, line 640, in _save_tags
File “site-packages\mutagen_util.py”, line 185, in wrapper
File “site-packages\mutagen_util.py”, line 155, in wrapper
File “contextlib.py”, line 112, in enter
File “site-packages\mutagen_util.py”, line 272, in _openfile
mutagen.MutagenError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: ‘C:\Users\Dave\Downloads\Billie Myers - Power Of Love The Ultimate Collection\2019 - BOX SET ALBUMS - Various Artists - In The Summertime Ultimate Summer Anthems [5CD]\CD4\11 Candi Staton - Young Hearts Run Free.mp3’

E: 08:51:56,690 util.thread.run:64: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “site-packages\mutagen_util.py”, line 251, in _openfile
PermissionError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: “C:\Users\Dave\Downloads\Billie Myers - Power Of Love The Ultimate Collection\2019 - BOX SET ALBUMS - Various Artists - 70’s The Ultimate Collection [5CD]\CD5\10 Darts - The Boy From New York City.mp3”

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “picard\util\thread.py”, line 60, in run
File “picard\file.py”, line 315, in _save_and_rename
File “picard\formats\id3.py”, line 536, in _save
File “picard\formats\id3.py”, line 640, in _save_tags
File “site-packages\mutagen_util.py”, line 185, in wrapper
File “site-packages\mutagen_util.py”, line 155, in wrapper
File “contextlib.py”, line 112, in enter
File “site-packages\mutagen_util.py”, line 272, in _openfile
mutagen.MutagenError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: “C:\Users\Dave\Downloads\Billie Myers - Power Of Love The Ultimate Collection\2019 - BOX SET ALBUMS - Various Artists - 70’s The Ultimate Collection [5CD]\CD5\10 Darts - The Boy From New York City.mp3”

Ok, following a hunch I checked properties and some of the files were marked read only. Working now.

2 Likes