Picard 2.4.2 released

Picard team just released Picard 2.4.2

10 Likes

It still crashes on macOS 10.13.6…

Known issue, unknown cause and fix. Link.

1 Like

Nothing changed here, same procedure as before. If the AcoustId is already in the tags it will be shown there. If not use “Scan” to fingerprint the files and do a AcoustId lookup. If the file can be matched to an AcoustId it will be added to the tags. Using just “generate fingerprints” will only fingerprint the files without AcoustId lookup (e.g. for submitting the fingerprints).

1 Like

Running macOS 10.13.6 and I can not open the image file for 2.4.2
Was running earlier versions ok.
Grateful for any tips

TIA
Clayton

2 Likes

This will be fixed with the next release, the fix in 2.4.2 was incomplete. See https://tickets.metabrainz.org/browse/PICARD-1916

If you are on macOS 10.13 you should stay with the 2.3.2 release until then.

2 Likes

Not sure why you removed your previous comment. But I can assure you we have not touched the fingerprinting with the release, the process is still the same. If a file does not display an AcoustID after using the “Scan” operation, there either is no AcoustID for this file yet or there was a temporary issue with the AcoustID server.

The issue with fingerprint column being empty after clustering is actually a display bug caused by the performance fixes in 2.4. It’s just a visual bug though, the fingerprint still is there and the tooltip for the cokumn works. Will be fixed in the next release.

3 Likes

I removed it because it was confused rubbish. I was not wanting to clutter this thread with an OT conversation about my not understanding something again. I thought Generate Fingerprint was also leading to an AcoustID being added to the files, which I now realise is not the case.

I will also delete this reply in 24 hours as this is a pointless off topic conversation adding nothing to this thread. @rdswift - you are now embarrassing me into making it impossible to clean this pointless conversation up :frowning:

1 Like

But it puts the rest of the conversation, including @outsidecontext’s responses in context.