Picard 2.1 is out with many fixes and enhancements

picard
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007fd5e0d8cf08>

#1

Picard 2.1 has been released with many improvements and fixes. If you haven’t updated to Picard 2 yet now is the time to do so. We have addressed the new issues reported after the Picard 2 release and additionally made many fixes for older issues.

Thanks a lot to everybody who tested and reported issues here and in the bug tracker.

More details about the changes and download links in the official blog post:

In addition to the new release many plugins also received updates in the last weeks. Thanks also to everyone who contributed to the plugins.


#2

#3

Great. Thanks for your continued work and effort outsidecontext!


#4

The download button on https://picard.musicbrainz.org/ doesn’t work for me (I’m on a Mac). It takes me to a 404 page every time I click it.


#5

Strange, the macOS download works for me, but we’ll have to check the links in general. Source archive download is broken currently, that’s something we are aware of. But fixing might take a while (Christmas and stuff :wink: ).

Direct macOS download: ftp://ftp.eu.metabrainz.org/pub/musicbrainz/picard/MusicBrainz.Picard.2.1.dmg


#6

Can’t download latest 2.1 release. Running windows 7 (64) & latest Firefox. When I click on https://blog.metabrainz.org/2018/12/21/picard-2-1-release/ nothing happens. Aside from I’m old and not too swift, any clues?


#7

No idea, but that’s just the blog entry. Downloads are always on the Picard homepage: https://picard.musicbrainz.org/downloads/

Alternatively also from GitHub at https://github.com/metabrainz/picard/releases/tag/release-2.1.0


#8

Thanks for the links. DONE!! :relieved:


#9

Having a problem with MusicBrainz genres.
With my previous install, it seemed like sometimes I would get the genres from MusicBrainz, but not always. I wanted to make sure that there was no interference from plugins, or settings. I deleted folders in Program Files, Appdata local, and appdata roaming, then downloaded and installed version 2.1. The only settings I changed were to use the file browser, and use MusicBrainz genres.

I ran some previously processed albums through, and it did not update the genre. If I use the context menu to lookup in browser, I can see at least 1 or 2 genres on the recording page.

I found this line in the log, and it seems relevant.
W: 10:41:03,881 tagger.main:861: Error loading Qt locale en_US

Picard 2.1, Windows 10 Home.


#10

The most likely cause for issues with genres is a current bug on the server side. Due to this Picard currently can use only genres / folksonomy tags on the release level, but not in recordings, release groups or artists.

I was told a fix for this is nearly ready, but unfortunately it was not included in the last server release.


#11

A post was split to a new topic: Dropping 500 songs in Picard makes it unusable


#12

New to the forum here, and also new to Picard 2.1 - what a great application – I had lots of “classic rock”, “oldies” files etc all missing artwork –

Not anymore ! Thank you for this amazing piece of music cataloging/tagging software…