Our weekly recommendations are now live!

Hi!

I just wanted to share that we just updated the main server to improve the recommendations tab that was quite sad previously. The tab has now been renamed to “Created for you” and is live now:

Created for rob- ListenBrainz

Here is a quick look at how that looks:

These playlists will update every Monday at midnight according to the timezone set in your account.

Let us know what you think!

9 Likes

This is great, I love it. Does this already support the Spotify auto export feature that had been available for the daily jams, or will this come later?

1 Like

That is available from the playlist view. Click on the “Link to this playlist” link:

I think it makes sense to put the export button directly on the created for you page, so I created a ticket for that: [LB-1317] Show export to (music service) button on created for you page. - MetaBrainz JIRA

:slightly_smiling_face: Thank You for not stopping the development!

Now I listened five times to different weekly exploration playlists. These listenings had made me looking forward to the next one. Also I will try the 2022 Missed Tracks list. The Dataset Hoster : lb-radio site is a very nice to have tool for generating individual playlists time and again.
All this deserves at least :+1: :+1: :+1:

4 Likes

I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this but
Screenshot 2023-07-25 151726
This shows up in my weekly exploration. You will likely find this track in a lot of KPop fans history(I’ve seen it when browsing similar users to my LB account), but it’s not KPop. It’s a incorrectly matched track that should be

I corrected it months ago in my own history, but it seems it is affecting the recommends as well.

Otherwise looks good, thank you for all the hard work!

I love that this is out~ I don’t know how much I’ll use it yet, as there’s no way (that I know of) to export playlists to MusicBee, my media player of choice, but hopefully now that it’s here, it’s possible to implement~

edit: I take that back, I may occasionally check in on the Exploration playlist, which I just found~

1 Like

I have written this content resolver that takes a JSPF based playlist that LB uses and resolve the content to a local collection, to an m3u playlist file.

GitHub - metabrainz/listenbrainz-content-resolver: Resolve ListenBrainz playlists from JSPF files to local playlists.

If MusicBee can play m3u playlists (implementing other playlist formats is easy too) then you have a solution to hand. The base functionality is there, but I need help with people testing things and then packaging and deploying it. Let me know if you’re interested taking a look/helping out.

1 Like

At least one more person needs to make the correction for that correction to be used for all users. But, I can see why this match is the wrong match – the two tracks are incredibly close in metadata and the system makes the wrong call. At least that doesn’t happen all that often…

1 Like

Hi, is there a “waiting period” for recommendations to generate for new users? I joined at the end of July and imported data from last.fm. It has been a few weeks and the “Created for you” section hasn’t populated yet.

The waiting period is normally “until monday morning”, but we found a bug that we just fixed. You now have playlists!

4 Likes

It works! Thank you!

1 Like