Only one album art

Hey everyone. How do I make it so that I only get 1 album art (the front named “cover”) whenever I organize / tag my collection? I have no need for all of the other files

Thank you

In the Picard options under the “Cover Art” section there are two checkboxes “Save only a single front image” (one for embedded and separate files each).

3 Likes

1 Like

Thank you but it still got a bunch of them

These are my current settings according based on your advice

Picard won’t delete already existing image files, you will have to do that manually.

2 Likes

I didn’t have those existing files before feeding them to picard

Here’s another example
Before organizing

After organizing

I will try this next thank you

This KINDA worked. But I lose the cover file and still got 2 that I do not want

IIRC this files are not created or downloaded from MB Picard.
This AlbumArtSmall.jpg and folder.jpg will be builded automatically from “Windows Media Player”.
You would have to set the WMP settings accordingly to prevent this files.

Maybe you want to try this tutorial (with no guarantee that it will work…)

3 Likes

Interesting. I never use WMP only foobar. I’ll look into it later thank you!

As @InvisibleMan78 says, all of those “AlbumArt*” files are from Windows Media Player and\or the UPnP side of Windows. Check the file creation dates of the artwork and you’ll see which are appearing from Picard.

Simple tip - make a new folder for your music. Keep it outside of Windows “Music” folder. Not in C:\Users\Squall13\Music. For example - put your albums into C:\MyMusic\ or similar. Now the OS can’t mess with your tracks.

More complex technical answer is - go mess with the Windows Media Player settings.

• Open Windows Media Player.
  • Click on Organize and select Options.
  • Under the Player tab, uncheck. “Add local media files to library when played.”
  • Click on Library tab, uncheck. “Retrieve additional information from the internet”

Personally I’ll keep my music on a D:\MyMusic\ folder. Or a network server. The just point Foobar into that folder.

1 Like

Hmm I see. The Libraries thing is only a symlink to a different bigger drive actually. But I guess Windows still treats it as THE Music folder even with that workaround

1 Like

Yeah, that sounds like it. The point of the symlink is to make things invisible to the OS. If Foobar is your main audio player I’d abandon the OS “Music” folder completely to be safest.

Though poking through the WMP settings you can usually stop MS messing with the files.