#MetaBrainz Meeting 2021-07-26
I made the last changes to
PR #2151 and communicated with editors on the forum. Experimented a way to implement
MBS-9902 and opened a PR for review. Made a UI prototype for
MBS-3774 according to @reosarevok’s suggestion and posted it on the forum for feedback. That’s all, thank you.
Last week I mostly worked on some improvements for the ListenBrainz player. Some stability improvements and the addition of new features, namely native notifications and media control. Associated PRs are
#1539 and #1561 which have more detailed descriptions.
You can test this all out on test.listenbrainz.org, and feedback would be very appreciated if you find anything that looks broken or unintended (or if you’re happily surprised too).
Apart from that I also reviewed some BookBrainz PRs.
That was it for my week! Take care y’all !
last week I finished and merged Aidan’s work on acoustic similarity on acousticbrainz
this involved lots of small things related to database migrations, fixing some rarely used helper scripts, and improving data display on the web
today I also did some work on improving the time needed to generate indexes, and fixed a bug regarding valid CPU extensions that we can use when compiling/running the similarity
that being said, I’m about to release on prod now (was on beta last week), and will write some blog/twttier about it
also did had some discussions with @amcap1712 about the CB stuff he was talking about, and some light PR reviews
Last week I got some PR’s in for adding pinned recordings to the LB user feed,
and I worked on the implementing pin history tab page, which should be done this week.
I also began refactoring some code that would allow these pins to be playable with Brainzplayer.
this week i’ll start work on the CBxLB integration project’s frontend review modal component.
Personal data in edit history
There was some discussion about how to go about this and some technical requirements. E.g., the data should be removed from the database, not just hidden in our own UI. There seemed to be consensus about keeping the edits, but replacing the removed data with something like “(removed)” greyed out.
Topic will be revisited again next week, when
@Rob is around for the meeting.
Some discussion followed, where it was concluded that there was clear precedent for giving bots of autoeditors autoeditor status, so an official MusicBrainz bot should be good to go based on this. There was also some discussion about when it’d be okay to have MBBE_Bot do edits as autoedits. Generally the bot will be run for a couple of days on any given edit algorithm before being escalated to autoedits, and the decisions for what the bot does go through the MetaBrainz ticket system, which seems to be more scrutiny than most bots receive as well.