Newbie questions

Hi!

I’m new to AudioBrainz, coming from MusicBrainz. I can’t figure out what to do with the results of AudioBrainz so I got some questions:

– Why do I get tons of different submissions for the same recording, but no summary of the results?
– Why are there tons of different results for the same recording on the same release? Shouldn’t the results be the same?
– What about obviously wrong results? Is there a possibility to correct them? Can the software “learn” from corrections?

Best wishes for 2021!

Peter

2 Likes

Hi,

Do you mean AcousticBrainz, or is there again a new project I don’t know about? :stuck_out_tongue:

What would you expect in a summary?

Like for acoustID, I’m not surprised to see slightly different outputs given that people can have for the same MB recording:

• different versions of the AcousticBrainz algorithms
  • different digitized files from the same CD (flac, mp3, with different compression options)
  • different pressings of the manufactured CDs that MB does not consider as different releases/recordings

etc.

Do you have examples of obviously wrong results? Do you mean errors in the algorithms results or people submitting information for another recording than the one they submit to?

I don’t think there’s currently a way to unlink results (as acoustID can do). You can open a ticket on Loading... to suggest this feature.

1 Like