New BookBrainz release: v-2023-05-24.0

Hello everyone!
I realize I have not been regular at all with these update forum posts, but here I am today to let you know the website has been updated, with one main new feature thanks to @kellnerd who added Wikipedia extracts for all entities with a Wikidata ID :tada:.

Before anyone mentions it, we are aware that longer extracts need to be collapsed by default with an option to expand them, like we do for annotations; thatā€™ll be for the next release! :wink:

You can check out the full release notes here or all previous releases here

8 Likes

Wanting to see what it looked like, I pulled up this page as an example. A very nice improvement, I think. Well done, lads!

4 Likes

This is great, @mr_monkey. Thanks to you and everyone else putting in the time to move BB forward. Especially @kellnerd, the Wikipedia extract makes all the difference.

I donā€™t like the huge ā€œWikipediaā€ heading and was going to suggest removing it, like in MBā€¦ And then I actually looked at MB, which has exactly the same headingā€¦ itā€™s just all the headings are smaller, and it has the same colour as the tab above, so it stands out less. I would still like it to at least be subtler, the section endnote already makes it clear where the text comes from, itā€™s properly credited; but at the most this is a pet peeve, it doesnā€™t really matter.

4 Likes