Need lots of help with an album that is classical in nature

Both are shops and I would not rely on them for accuracy. Especially when selling second hand disks on Amazon as they are not much better than EBay.

Notice some of your links are to US shops where different labels and barcodes come into play. I have run out of time today, but I think you have added a US Amazon link to a US edition on a different label that isn’t the UK Kingsway edition.

ok i try and fix that

That was 13 years ago… and then someone else has added their own confused additions. It is much better to focus on getting your own Release perfected.

1 Like

The edit history of the version that was already in place is a little confused, so I will try and read it back to you in a clearer way.

It starts with mecrider putting in an initial release and basic track details in 2006.

In 2014 you now find GlennAnderson with an ACTUAL CD who uploads his DiscID, sets the barcode based on his “CD in hand” and the copies artwork from Discogs. You’d assume that they picked the green cover as it matched their own cover. So clearly there are many green covers out there.

Your Amazon link that you added to their edition is incorrect. If you scroll down you will see that Amazon edition was released in 2015 on the Integrity label. Which makes it too new to link in here to this older release that GlennAnderson owned in 2014.

Does that make more sense now?

(And please ignore my comedy deletes that are now in that edit history as I also got confused… hence why I need to run away from the keyboard :wink:

seams like there are 2 releases for each http://www.crossrhythms.co.uk/products/The_Hymn_Makers/Isaac_Watts_When_I_Survey/8602/
https://www.amazon.com/Hymn-Makers-Charles-Wesley-Divine/dp/B0159O4W5A

look at the labels

it looks like any with album are like on amazon are a rerelease by Integrity Music
the old ones like mine are from kingsway

kingsway and Integrity Music are now owned by the same company

1 Like

Multiple releases are not surprising. you are dealing with different territories. As a man based in Aus you should know how annoying that can get. Identical products released by different companies at different times in different continents.

Look at the DATES in that USA Amazon link. TOTALLY ignore that one as it is very misleading.

It claims Original Relase date of 2007 and that Release is dated 2015 (Scroll down the page a bit under the track listing and you see these dates alongside that label change)

They do not match anything we are working with here and should be discarded.

You need to focus on the original Kingsway releases. It looks like you have a standard UK issue edition with that Eastbourne address on it.

this is also why it is safer to stay editing your own release.

1 Like

Welcome to the rabbit hole that is research…

1 Like

this is the rabbit hole http://www.integritymusic.com/about

I would avoid looking at that American website. Stick to Kingsway for now. Just stick with the stuff you are sure about. Widen the search later.

And talking of tangents… you do realise rabbit holes have many paths? I have just added a few more to the Release Group series:
https://musicbrainz.org/series/0dc7a6e2-a0bc-495d-8251-5558e1301268

And that include’s Charlies Volume two… maybe some good examples to look at, or may also be more messes to clear up. :smiley: I’m now really running away until another day…

Ignore it… they hardly even sell anything from this series now. That website will only confuse the issue.

A search for “Hymn Makers” only brings up one compilation in their catalogue. So ignore them completely and focus on Kingsway

1 Like

may be able to figerout what cover @GlennAnderson has if he is willing to talk then i will know if it is a different one to mine or not. @GlennAnderson i would like to know if you have the pink or blue cover. and if you know the labe as well that would be good

Wow - fascinating. That other cover looks Green to me.

Had a little check at the profile of GlennAnderson… and he is still very active. Last edited in February. And comically - have you seen where he lives? Yeah - that rowdy little Island over to the East of you…

1 Like

yer it is green i was tired last night

1 Like

the new album art is up for this album

1 Like