Need help with sorting

Tried for 2 months and read everything and just can’t get it to do what I want

1. When the files load up and I save them it does not put all the files in the same folder, it makes other folders. I would like for all the files that show to be complete albums to be put in 1 single folder with all the tracks.

2. When saving I would like it to make the folder artist name reversed like
    The Beatles to be
    Beatles, The or
    Beatles - The

3. When saving them like The Beatles , it makes a folder B and puts the Beatles in the B folder

4. When saving the files that have more than 1 cd make folders for the other cds, like CD1 CD2 and so on.

Most of this is covered in my response at:

I suggest you try the following naming script and see if that does what you require:

%albumartistsort%/%album%/$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),CD%discnumber%/,)$num(%tracknumber%2) - %title%

If I’ve misunderstood what you’re looking for in terms of format, please let me know.

2 Likes

rdswift it did exactly what I needed it to do, thank you so much.
After reading and your explanation on the commands for what each of them do makes it simple to understand, the only command I can not find in the scripting page is how to format the Artist Name like (The Beatles) to move The to the end of the name like

Beatles, The
or
Beatles - The

This would only be for the folder name of the Artist when it moves the files to the new folder B

What command would it use and where would it be placed in here

$upper($firstalphachar(%albumartistsort%,nonalpha="#"))/%albumartist%/$left($if2(%date%,%originaldate%,0000),4) - %album%/$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),Disc %discnumber%/,)$num(%tracknumber%,2) - %title%

Thanks for all your help

2 Likes

All you would need to do is change %albumartist% to %albumartistsort%. The resulting command would be:

$upper($firstalphachar(%albumartistsort%,nonalpha="#"))/%albumartistsort%$left($if2(%date%,%originaldate%,0000),4) - %album%/$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),Disc %discnumber%/,)$num(%tracknumber%,2) - %title%

Hope I understood you correctly and this helps.

1 Like

That did the trick, thanks for your help

2 Likes