Music playback with Apple Music

Good news everyone!

If you have an Apple Music account, you will be happy to know that you can now log in and play songs directly from ListenBrainz.

Head on over to the music services page to sign in with Apple Music.

Arriving at the end of a one month trial myself, I will not have access for long and would really appreciate any feedback you may have on this new playback option.

Thank you !

5 Likes

Awesome!

1. It works!
  2. I had to disable the YouTube integration to get it to be used. Ideally I’d want both enabled and have it fall back to YouTube if it doesn’t find the song on Apple Music
1 Like

Awesome, many thanks! That seems to work fine so far, but I just have started with it.

Just to understand this correctly - it is currently not possible to import listens from Apple Music? Will this be possibile in the future, or are there technical limitations preventing this?

Both of you, thanks for helping with testing!

@fdsa Yes that’s in the plans, having on that same settings page a way to choose the order in which the music sources are used.

@lenniepaine There is indeed a technical limitation unfortunately, Apple Music doesn’t provide a timestamp for the listening history, and we depend on that for everything.
At the moment we don’t have a solution to remedy this lack of data and don’t have plans to record listens form Apple Music.
However we can make it so that the tracks you play on the ListenBrainz website are submitted. It’s not currently active as I wanted more time for testing, but that’s the next step.

Similarly to the answer above, I’d like to implement settings to activate/deactivate listen submission for each music service separately.

3 Likes