I got a new car and I wanted to add music via USB. This works fine… but when I run MBP on the files on the USB, it add cover art and corrects the tags (well it looks like it does). When I put the stick back in the car, the music plays 3-8 seconds then goes to next track, skips completely, displays unplayable file or displays a message USB is not responding [wait] [cancel].
Then the entire head unit runs slow until I pull the usb and restart the car.
The head unit is running Android Oreo and the stock music app. I cannot add another MP3 music app to it.
I also tried several usb drives with same result.
Also it seems to corrupt the internal data of the music app because when I reform the usb and put on the “untouched” mp3, it does scan the music anymore. I have to do a factory reset and the music gets read and works normally.
Some of my mp3’s do have cover art but something that MBP 142 does something that the head unit can’t tolerate