Multiple CDs in one album

When there is an artist with multiple CDs in one album
I would like the tracks to be separated into two folder e.g CD1 CD2
I found this script while reading through the forum and had added it. Though it doesn’t work.

$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),Disc %discnumber%/,)

What do I need to add or change for it to work???

Also where “Disc” is written, if I change that to CD will that change the folder name to CD?

What is your current file naming script, and can you provide an example of the way you want the files organized? For example:

BoDeans/Joe Dirt Car/CD 2/08 - Go Slow Down.mp3

It’s easy enough to add the disc number part (and the line of code you show looks right), but we need to know where you want the information to appear. Also, can you please post the script that you tried and didn’t work.

1 Like

Options > Options > File naming

%albumartist%/%albumartist% - %date% - %album%/%tracknumber% - %artist% - %title%

Options > Options > Scripting

multidisc compilations $if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),Disc %discnumber%/,)

So the folder would look like this when there is two CDs

Guns N’ Roses\Guns N’ Roses - 1999 - Live Era ‘87-‘93\CD1\01 - Guns N’ Roses - Nightrain
Guns N’ Roses\Guns N’ Roses - 1999 - Live Era '87-‘93\CD2\01 - Guns N’ Roses - Out ta Get Me

Okay, I see why it didn’t work. Try adding it to your file naming script like:

%albumartist%/%albumartist% - %year% - %album%/$if($gt(%totaldiscs%,1),CD%discnumber%/,)$num(%tracknumber%,2) - %artist% - %title%

Note that I also changed the %date% to %year% to show only the year portion of the date (for those cases where a full date has been entered). If you want the full date when it’s available, change it back to %date%.

4 Likes

Thanks again, I don’t often come by multiple CDs in one album. Though I guess its easy when its all automated

2 Likes