MP3.com Dump Released on Internet Archive

AFAIK, this is all that is known so far. The person who contributed the audio files remains anonymous (as is their right) as their content may either be from a really early scrape, or rescued from some kind of internal back-up?

I know that the meta-data is “as is”, as can be seen in the correspondence included with that data dump. As is always the case, I hope to do more on this project to expand it further but time is limited and my attention is drawn all over the place :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for sharing what you know. Hopefully, in due time we’ll see more and if not, what was shared is already a great surprise. And I can 100% relate to the attention being drawn all over the place haha. Thanks!

2 Likes

This dump has poked it’s head up on reddit, and this thread has been mentioned: https://www.reddit.com/r/DataHoarder/comments/11z2gzk/old_mp3com_archive_found_dumped_into_internet/

2 Likes

This is great! I’m curious if there’s any way to cross-reference the songs listed on the artist’s page with the file names listed in the mp3-com-rescue-barge directory listing pages?

probably; ive just moved hosting provider and have been busy with other wordly matters; might be something I can look at over the winter period :slight_smile:

3 Likes