Missing data in imported listens

I would like to go through my listens and link all the unlinked tracks, but I don’t want to have to click through all of my listens searching for unlinked ones. Luckily we have a Missing Data feature (Settings>Missing Data). However, I have the impression that the missing data tab does not include tracks that were imported through Last.fm, because I can still find a lot of unlinked listens in my library, but my missing data tab is empty.

Is there an easy way to do this, that I’m overlooking?

1 Like

Was your last.fm import recent? This may be because the ‘unlinked listens’ list doesn’t update that often - pinging @lucifer to confirm.

It that’s not the case, the next step is to grab more details from you, because then it sounds like a ‘unintended feature’ (a bug) :slight_smile:

May this year. So not really.

Hi!

I looked into this, the missing data does seem to be updated for you regularly. However, we only keep top 100/200 items by listen count in that data. And it is refreshed weekly so its possible that the tracks imported through last.fm have a lower listening count won’t appear there until more frequently listened items go away.

2 Likes

Huh, I had no idea!

I’ve opened a pull request to add this to the intro paragraph (I don’t know if we ever really workshopped a lot of that settings text):

2 Likes

Thanks for the explanation.

I don’t think it’s working, It’s been a week and my ‘missing data’ tab is still empty, while my library still contains many unlinked listens.

There’s a ticket on this issue over here:

(I made this a reply to aerozol’s comment by accident, it should just be a regular post on this thread but don’t know how to undo this)

1 Like