MetaBrainz Summit 2023

Summit 23 is happening between October 2 and 6 2023, at MetaBrainz HQ in Barcelona, Spain.
You are invited to join us, via Zoom!

More information and the agenda: MusicBrainz Summit/23 - MusicBrainz Wiki

Zoom meetings are each day 14:00 - 19:30 local time (12:00 - 17:30 GMT)
Day 1 (Monday): (Zoom link) (YouTube recording)
Day 2 (Tuesday): 2023-10-03T12:00:00Z (Zoom link)
Day 3 (Wednesday): 2023-10-04T12:00:00Z (Zoom link)
Day 4 (Thursday): 2023-10-05T12:00:00Z (Zoom link)
Day 5 (Friday): 2023-10-06T12:00:00Z (Zoom link)

4 Likes

Kicking off in 3 hours :grin:

Zoom links are now live on the wiki, and here’s the day 1 livestream nice and early for those you who like watching countdowns*

https://www.youtube.com/live/sVQe6-WJ8i0

*I’ve never thought about it 'til now, but I really do…

1 Like

Apologies about the technical issues on the livestream today. Please join us on Zoom instead, tomorrow and for the rest of the week!

Instead of YouTube livestreams we will upload the zoom recordings to YouTube in the evening, and share them with you.

The Day 1 livestream has now been annotated with timestamps and links to the slides.
My apologies again for the non-existent framerate and some significant audio drops.

4 Likes

Please join us on Zoom (Zoom meeting link)) for day 2 of the summit! Kicking off in 30 minutes (but probably a bit later because we’re waiting for sandwiches)

You an also follow along on the livestream:

2 Likes

Day 3 summit23 is up, we are starting in half an hour-ish.
You are invited to join us on Zoom: MusicBrainz Summit/23 - MusicBrainz Wiki

Or follow along on the livestream:

2 Likes

Hola! Day 4 of summit23

No livestream today, as we are breaking out into hack sessions. Attendees have been encouraged to leave notes from their catch ups, so decisions will be in the summit notes (which will be collated after the summit).

We will resume the livestream if things relevant to everyone come up as we go, I will keep you updated.

Let us know if you have any questions or want input into a topic/to join a specific hack session!

2 Likes

Day 5 of summit23. The last day!

Once again, no livestream as everyone hunches over their laptops in small groups creating great new things. 5 hard days of concentration!

If you have questions or would like to be involved in a topic, let us know, and we’ll dial you in.

1 Like

The summit23 blog post is up!

It’s a long one, make yourself a fresh hot drink and enjoy:

5 Likes

ListenBrainz
Estimate: %100 ‘fake’ plays

Wow, that’s a lot.

Monkey also suggests that closing all the projects would be an effective anti-spam measure.

aah the nuclear option!

2 Likes

Hah, if it wasn’t clear, this doesn’t mean that 100% of ListenBrainz plays are spam… I’ll do a slight blog post edit :sweat_smile:

You have to be really careful not to set technically-minded people vague goals, like “eliminate all spam”…

2 Likes